KCRW, public radio in Los Angeles, is a dynamic and exciting workplace filled with interested and creative people. We operate with integrity and use our programming to build community on the air, online and in person. Our large roster of locally-created programming connects us to what’s happening in LA and in the world.
KCRW is seeking a full-time News Producer for the morning shift. This producer works with a team to help direct local news coverage during NPR’s signature show Morning Edition.
You’ll support a talented on-air host and board operator, working alongside other KCRW producers and editors. You’ll use your own news judgment and creativity to make KCRW’s local news coverage dynamic, crisp, clear and full of useful information.
This is an excellent opportunity for you if you have some experience in breaking news, audio editing and on-air reporting, but want to take your newsroom skills to the next level.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Managing Producer of News Operations.
Hybrid work schedule available for select positions.
KCRW has in effect a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees. The mandate is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Pitching stories
- Booking guests
- Writing newscasts
- Covering breaking news
- Editing audio
- Background research
- Interview preparation
- Voicing stories for air
- Digital news production
- Directing interns
- Close coordination with other news producers
Required Skills And Experience
- Knowledgeable about general news and Southern California
- Digital media savvy
- Able to edit audio (knowledge of Dalet, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Audacity orÂ equivalent preferred)
- Minimum 3 years related work experience required
- Data collection and analysis of information from different sources
- Critical thinking
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and meet deadlines
- Bachelorâs degree required, Journalism or related field preferred
Benefits & Perks
Compensation & Benefits
- Union minimum hourly rate $31.74
- Eligible for overtime and premium working holiday pay rate
- Sick leave award
- Vacation leave accrual
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance (including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life and AD&D) eligibility
- 403(b) with company match
- Passionate office environment surrounded by an incredible community of curious and talented colleagues
- KCRW is a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program – read more here to determine your eligibility