Neighbouring Rights Manager at BMG (UK)
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
#WeAreBMG & #WeAreHiring!
Title: Neighbouring Rights Manager
BMG’s neighbouring rights business is seeking a pro-active manager to oversee the daily management of international neighbouring rights collections for BMG’s unique roster of artist clients. As Neighbouring Rights Manager, you will be the key point of contact for several international collection societies, responsible for developing and maintaining successful relationships with them, growing the neighbouring rights business, and ensuring service levels are met. You will also liaise with BMG’s supply chain / recorded metadata team in relation to neighbouring rights recordings data.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Collaborate with the SVP Neighbouring Rights and Senior Manager, Neighbouring Rights for smooth onboarding of new clients, including legal and business affairs coordination.
- Manage relationships with 40+ collection societies, submitting and monitoring repertoire claims, tracking payments, and addressing payment or registration queries.
- Stay updated on distribution rules and processes in partner societies, sharing changes with relevant teams.
- Liaise internally with Royalties, Finance, Supply Chain, and LBA departments regarding neighbouring rights for artist clients.
- Communicate with clients and their representatives regarding payments and collections-related queries.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on improving platforms and processes for neighbouring rights.
WHO YOU ARE
- Previous experience in a similar role at a label, publisher, collection society or similar company.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organisational, administrative and analytical skills.
- Good scheduling/time management and planning skills.
- Ability & desire to work in an international team.
- Collaborative, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
It’s also a plus if you have…
- Previous neighbouring rights experience.
- Familiarity with collection societies.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Proficiency in a second language in addition to English.
NOW, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- £35k- £40k per annum.
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year and an extra day for your birthday!
- Flexible working opportunities.
- 6 months full pay for all new parents regardless of gender and sexual orientation.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Competitive pension scheme.
- Annual gig allowance.
- Artist showcases.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season Ticket Loan.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Subscription to Headspace.
- Give As You Earn Scheme .
- Excellent development opportunities.
- A fun and sociable office environment.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
BMG is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Company: BMG Rights Management Services (UK) Limited
Country: United Kingdom
Postal Code: W21AS
Job ID: 260213
Location: London, LND, GB, W21AS
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.