Music Fest Advancement at SXSW (US)
The SXSW Music Festival Department is seeking interns who want to learn about day-to-day operations, artist advancement, and data entry. Additional assistance with music-related marketing projects may be required. This position will provide hands-on experience in the production of a large-scale music festival.
What You Will Learn
- What we look for when considering artists for the SXSW Music Festival and how to assist the team in reviewing artist applications.
- How to update artist records with information communicated via email e.g.: availability, visa information, special requests, etc.
- How to assist artists and their teams in advancing their SXSW showcase performances.
- Send reminder emails at various checkpoints leading up to the event to remind artists to upload materials to their online portal, add band members, select compensation, sign agreements, and much more.
- How to prepare promotional materials like playlists and photo collections for use on our website and social media platforms.
- How to manage artist compensation by keeping updated records of payee info.
Qualifications & Skills
You must be currently enrolled in an accredited university or college and live in Texas to be eligible for a SXSW Internship.
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Excel .
- Excellent communication (phone, email, and face-to-face) and customer service skills .
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail .
- Have a love of music and an appreciation for all genres.
- Have an interest in event planning and logistics.
Frequently required to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, with or without accommodation. Manual dexterity is required for keyboard, computer and office equipment use.
Benefits & Perks
Work Location, Schedule & Pay
This position is located in Austin, Texas. Core business office hours are Mon-Fri, 10am 6pm. Must be available to work from July to December 2023. A time commitment of approximately 16 hours a week is required. Candidates may have the ability to work remotely and in office. This is a paid internship at $12.00/hr
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.