Marketing Manager at Numero Group (US)
The Numero Group is an archival record label that curates compilations, reissues original albums, and creates album reconstructions from a variety of musical genres. Their products include deeply researched, expertly resuscitated and lavishly packaged box sets, playlists and ephemera of historic music from the 1950s-1990s.
Founded in Chicago in 2003 by Rob Sevier and Ken Shipley, for nearly 20 years Numero has committed to unearthing precious lost sounds for new audiences, with an unparalleled ear for potential and spirited eye for detail.
With hundreds of titles in our diverse catalog of LPs, CDs, cassettes, 45s, 12-inch singles and playlists, each Numero production illuminates the often herculean efforts of individuals who sang, played, recorded and peddled their art to little fanfare in its day.
Through intense research and wild ideas, these songs find new life in streaming, lovingly-packaged media and placement in film and television. By self-imposed law, everything assembled by Numero is a stunning new artifact of sound, image and word.
Numero Group seeks a Marketing Manager based at the headquarters office in Chicago, Illinois. This is a newly created role that will maintain & discover new voices for the label while overseeing all aspects of marketing, from story direction, asset creation and analytics reporting.
The Marketing Manager will craft all external communications including press releases, newsletters and content posts across several social media channels. This role reports to the Numero Group Managing Director and will assist in crafting the longer term vision for the Marketing Department at Numero.
- Lead Numero’s storytelling efforts: seek out interesting angles and worthwhile stories to tell, and create the strategy to translate these stories into marketing materials and campaigns
- Craft all external communications: weekly newsletters, social media content and captions, press releases and generate ideas for positive growth and retention
- Work with the Managing Director to develop and refine adaptable strategic marketing playbooks.
- Monitor, engage and report on various social community initiatives.
- Report on campaign effectiveness with previously determined KPIs
- Budget marketing rollouts for releases and brand campaigns
- Create and execute strategic marketing plans with our partners at radio, distribution, retail and digital.
- Liaise with outside publicists and digital marketing partners to coordinate text, assets, dates, links and liaise for reporting/feedback
- Interface with writers and provide notes, feedback, and if necessary, editing to connect with Numero’s overarching standards and vision
- Manage the visual and storytelling components of our annual periodical
- Assess and apply market research data gathered from customer surveys and market feedback
- Manage, create and refine relevant and on-trend content and strategies for Numero’s Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, and Bandcamp social platforms.
- Identify and execute interesting/appropriate brand and influencer partnerships
- Manage additional Marketing Staff as Marketing Department expands
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE DEMONSTRATES
- Background of 3+ years’ experience in either creative or music industry marketing
- A passion for vinyl and independent music culture, especially catalog and archival releases, with direct experience supporting and marketing independent and unknown music across a wide variety of genres.
- Solid familiarity with the independent music ecosystem and the marketing activities within
- Strong knowledge and passionate level of interest for established and emerging social media platforms
- Informed understanding of modern “algorithms” and the drivers that impact them
- Demonstrated self-management skills including goal setting, performance management, developmental feedback, and culture shaping.
- Exceptional teamwork, organization, and time management skills
- Aptitude for working long-lead projects
- Experience working with creative projects
- Ability to manage and meet strict deadlines
SG SERVICES, INC. BENEFITS
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching
- 2 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance
Application Link: https://forms.gle/SHqYiJA5Zv57uYom9
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.