Responsible for supporting Guitar Center’s efforts to further engage in the music community by integrating artists and influencers into content both long and short form, on social media platforms, at events and in other strategic initiatives designed to drive traffic and build brand affinity.
Aligns artists and their music with Guitar Center’s marketing touchpoints for strategic integration that communicates effective storytelling, builds awareness, drives traffic, influences sales and generates enthusiasm for the brand.
Builds, develops, and maintains key artist and influencer relationships. Instrumental in shaping how the artists are integrated into brand creative and content, celebrating their voices and ensuring artists of all levels, backgrounds, and styles of music are visible and meaningfully represent the community we serve.
You will report directly to the Director of Content, Artists, and Social working in close collaboration with others in the Content, Production, and Social team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Foster and nurture partnerships within the music community that align with our artist strategy to help build Guitar Center brand affinity with musicians
- Expand upon our diverse roster of artist & influencer relationships
- Identify and curate strategic artist & influencer integration in alignment with brand strategy for features in product demonstrations, educational content, events, brand campaigns, and sales advertisements
- Manages artist relations, from ideation, pitching, booking, contracting, and final fulfillment on artist integration in the project deliverables
- Provides support in securing talent for photo, video, social activations, and events
- Assist in booking talent and music for commercials including negotiation of terms for artist agreements
- Work collaboratively with the Content Production & Social team to produce engaging content for musicians to both educate and inspire; content that firmly establishes Guitar Center as authoritative, authentic, relevant, and fun
- Build narratives and recognize story telling opportunities around the lives of musicians in order to excite others about the resources and power that lies within instruments and production tools
- Create content briefs and participate in pre-production planning for shoots and events
- Work with key stakeholders on the Content & Social team to craft outlines and music direction for artist participation in shoots produced by Guitar Center, outside agencies or freelance production teams, and self-filmed artist content creation
- Serve as Artist Liaison or Content Producer on set and at events as needed
- Foster and maintain relationships with M.I. brands, labels, booking agents, publicists, management, and venues
- Help to identify, vet, & source employee talent as needed
- Work with the Director of Content and leadership on the Content team to maintain editorial and production calendars
- Monitor project timelines and budget
- Work with the Marketing Operations team to adhere to timelines and diligently track status on creative assets featuring artists
- Conducts research and provide artist insight for marketing campaigns, content series, programs, and events
- Tracks effectiveness and performance metrics of key content tactics featuring talent
- Regularly shares insights and reports on how best to grow our artist and influencer network
- Prioritize and set expectations related to how we can develop mutually beneficial partnerships
- Coordination of day-to-day artist relationships and program management, working with directly with artists and their representatives.
- Work directly with artists and their managers, labels and publicists to track upcoming releases and projects
- Assist in the creation of content briefs, pitch decks, and performance recap reports
- Develop and establish relationships with key influencers that will help build brand affinity
- Manage the influencer campaign process from pitch, to ensuring contract compliance, through live integration
- Strategize, execute, track, and measure influencer collaborations
- Cultivate new ideas and campaign concepts that can further integrate musicians with the brand in innovative ways.
- Demonstrate proven knowledge of all social platforms and how unique communities, influencers and audiences are using them
- Track and measure the impact of influencers marketing activities
- Collaborate closely with others in Content & Social, Video & Audio Production, Photo, and Creative team-members to concept and deliver best in class content
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the best marketing communication methods and storytelling practices for social and digital platforms
- Develop influencer marketing plans that help amplify the strategic brand objectives
- Ideate, create, and execute social influencer strategies that best serves the marketing, content, and product demo objectives
- A love for music making, gear, and a passion for supporting the artist community is paramount
- 5+ years relevant experience (artist relations, brand/music instrument company, label, talent booking, events, content production & editorial)
- Must have experience pitching and securing talent
- Skilled in negotiating terms and contracts for artist fees and music licensing
- Experience in producing video and social content within the music industry or music instrument field
- Masterfully able to understand and navigate the artist world including effectively working with their teams to serve the business needs of the activation while providing value to the artist
- Demonstrate leadership on set with production teams and in post-production
- Service and support mindset; demonstrate a willingness to act quickly and cultivate artist satisfaction at every touchpoint
- Knowledge of and experience in building narratives around musicians
- A strong awareness and deep understanding of the ever-changing musical landscape
- Keen understanding of pop culture and trends in new media
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, managing and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously with hard deadlines
- Able to understand scope of projects and prioritize workflow
- Working knowledge of the best marketing communication methods and storytelling practices for both social and digital platforms
- Possesses a creative mind with a track record of putting new ideas into practice and delivering results
- An eye and ear for fresh, immersive, and compelling story telling that will resonate with musicians
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to write, present, and share ideas articulately
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus but not a requirement
- Must be curious, enthusiastic, and thrive in a highly collaborative environment!
- At ease on set directing talent
- Immersed in and keeps a close understanding of pop culture, the ever-changing musical landscape, and trends in new media
- Awareness of trends, culture, instruments, gear and production techniques used in music creation and performance in order to ensure brand relevancy, authenticity and keeping in step with the music community
Benefits & Perks
Why Guitar Center? Here’s just some of the rewards:
For our employees who are musicians we offer the unique opportunity of gig leave—take time off to share your music with the world and return to your job after your tour! Guitar Center offers robust benefits and perks, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plus company match, mental health support, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, employee discount program, and tuition reimbursement options.