At Music & Arts, we are passionate about music education, and committed to supporting the educators teaching the next generation of musicians. Through our advocacy program, Be Part of the Music, we provide free resources to educators to help get and keep more students involved in music. From day one, you will be directly contributing to our mission through your focus: supporting music educators.
We’re now hiring Educational Sales Representatives with backgrounds in Band & Orchestra and/or Music Education, as we continue to grow our School Services team nationwide. This outbound sales position maintains in-person educator relationships by visiting schools within assigned territories on a defined schedule. This account management role executes primarily B2B (institutional) sales and services by maintaining and developing a successful and profitable network of relationships.
Get started with one of the nation’s largest companies in our industry and help us support educators at every level to get and keep more students involved in music. Apply now!
Essential Functions (not all-inclusive):
- Maintain approved and customized institutional visit schedule within assigned territory, meeting with educators, administrators, and other key decision makers to achieve defined objectives
- Demonstrate consistent and reliable communication, scheduling, and follow-up with customers
- Responsible for daily execution of operational tasks related to institutional sales and rental services for all accounts assigned
- Perform weekly account management review and preparation prior to daily visit schedule to manage account A/R and various operational items
- Participation and involvement in assigned account related events including Instrument Demonstrations, Recruitment, Rental, Festivals, and Tradeshows
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Intermediate knowledge of Band and Orchestral instruments
- Bachelor’s degree in Music or Music Education or 2-year relevant work experience
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Valid state driver’s license and automotive insurance
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend English
- Bilingual; the ability to understand and to make oneself understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Music & Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐ related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to [email protected]
Benefits & Perks
Why Music & Arts? Here’s just some of the rewards:
For our employees who are musicians we offer the unique opportunity of gig leave–take time off to share your music with the world and return to your job after your tour! Music & Arts offers robust benefits and perks, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plus company match, mental health support, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, employee discount program, and tuition reimbursement options.
Pay Rate: $37,000 to 45,000 annually plus commission depending on location, background, and experience.
The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education, and other factors. The pay range(s) listed are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations! Apply via link