Director of Creative Sync at Primary Wave Music (US)
The Primary Wave Sync Licensing department is seeking a New York-based Director of Creative Sync.
This is an opportunity for an experienced creative exec to join our dynamic team and work with some of the world’s most iconic music. This is a creative/pitch position that reports to the SVP/Head of Sync and would work closely with the entire Sync team as well as other Primary Wave departments.
Summary of Key Responsibilities and Essential role functions to include but not limited to:
- Pitch Primary Wave’s roster of classic artist catalogs, contemporary writers and management clients to advertising agencies, music supervisors, film/tv studio departments and others in the creative business community, identifying and generating creative sync opportunities and revenue for our artists
- Organize showcases and other artist / client events and meetings
- Work with other internal departments to assist with onboarding newly acquired catalogs and other new partnerships
- Handle incoming sync licensing requests and approvals while liaising with songwriters and managers, film/TV and advertising clients, as well as co-rights holders and publishing administration partners
- Assist in department and company projects as needed
- Be a key part of a collaborative and supportive team, while working with some of the world’s most all-time iconic music.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU SHOULD HAVE
- 8-10+ years of sync licensing experience at a music publisher, record label, ad agency, music supervision company, or a similar position in a Sync / Licensing department
- An extensive, proven track record of proactively pitching and landing syncs in various visual media
- A very deep, established network of music supervision and other contacts in advertising and film/TV music organizations, and is proactive in creating new client relationships
- Thorough knowledge of music licensing, copyright, and the evolving advertising and film/tv music industries
- A proactive self-starter who also works well as part of a team
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, iTunes, Disco, or similar music-pitching platforms
- A strong work ethic and strives to make a positive impact on overall Sync department and company priorities
- Passionate about music and our industry!
Benefits & Perks
We offer exceptional benefits to our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent career path. We provide one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including a healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, holidays, life insurance, hybrid work schedule, and vacation.
We work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
This position’s estimated base salary range is $80,000 to $125,000 per year and includes 401k and benefits. The actual salary rate offered to candidates will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, years of relevant experience, business needs, and the candidate’s overall qualifications for the position as assessed by Primary Wave.
The salary range is subject to change at any time, depending on internal and external factors.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.