Digital Operations Manager at Because Music (UK)
The Because Group was established in 2004 with offices in London, Paris and Los Angeles and is active in music production, music publishing, touring, venues and festivals.
It is one of the leading independent music groups in the UK & Europe with recording artists such as Christine and the Queens, Parcels, Metronomy, Shygirl, Jeshi, Logic1000, Aluna, Major Lazer, Django Django, Manu Chao, Stardust, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Amadou & Mariam amongst others. The label also has a partnership with Ed Banger, the Parisian electronic music label that discovered artists such as Justice, Sebastian, Breakbot and Myd.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based in the London office you will report to the UK Managing Directors of Because Music & London Records and the Content Operations Manager (based in Paris).
You will be responsible for managing the digital delivery of all Because Music UK and London Records releases, updates, troubleshooting issues, handling catalog archive, rights management and optimization of video / UGC platforms (YouTube, VEVO, Meta, TikTok, Snap, Soundcloud…). You will also assist the Content Ops Manager in our operational relationships with all Ops teams at DSPs.
You will also work closely with the other Digital Teams (Digital Marketing Team, DSP Partnership Team, Business Intelligence Team), Marketing, A&R Team to ensure operational best practice is implemented across the business.
- Focusing on the Because Music UK & London Records roster and in collaboration with the Content Ops team, wider digital team and the UK marketing team, manage internal scheduling and set-up of all tracks, videos, digital products, upholding a high standard of accuracy and timelines
- Liaise with UK project manager and WW digital team to coordinate metadata, release assets and product requirements. Provide support and proactive recommendations to these teams on operational DSP best practices.
- Proactively maintain Because & London digital release catalogue, ensuring all stored metadata is accurate and complete
- Manage deliveries to DSPs using LabelCamp platform and potential platform direct tools
- Work with LabelCamp Support around operational needs, troubleshooting and resolving any issues
- Manage all claiming and optimization on video and UGC platforms on the UK roster (Because & London)
- Check proactively for specific asset issues including duplicate, missing and incorrect data
- Work collaboratively with digital marketing team and the marketing team on video set-up and rights management, managing operations workload based on week-to-week priorities
- Assist Content Ops Manager in operational relationship with our technical partner and DSPs
- Contribute regularly to departmental documentation
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence Team providing input and feedback on internal tools and workflow improvements
- Maintain a strong operational knowledge of DSP platforms and capabilities and communicate ongoing changes and developments to the Digital Partnership Team.
- Work with Chief Digital Officer and Content Ops Manager to review and optimize supply chain processes with a view to scale
- Missions will evolve in time following market, platforms and Because/London evolution.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THE ROLE
- Experience in a digital music operation (supply chain or distribution role).
- Good working knowledge of music metadata and copyright.
- Tech savvy with a good understanding of digital and video audio file formats
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of DDEX questions
- Experience in content management systems like iTunes Connect, Spotify,
- YouTube CMS, VEVO CMS, Facebook Rights Manager, SoundCloud Manager is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Solutions orientated with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- A passion for music and understanding of the Because Music & London roster
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.