As Content Creator & Producer, you will find yourself in a variety of locations that best represents the gear and most accurately brings the products to life from home studios to stages, practice spaces to professional recording studios. Your creative producing skills and depth of knowledge in musical instruments and music production will be used across mediums from informative and compelling editorial videos to multimedia articles and interviews. You will steer the production of these pieces from concept to completion in a highly collaborative environment with members of our Video, Copywriting, Photography and Social teams. You have a deep understanding of what makes a great story, a strong visual & cinematic aesthetic, experience in a variety of professional production settings, a portfolio that demonstrates your ability to go from idea to execution, and most importantly, a deep knowledge and passion for music and gear.
With a firm grasp of the products we sell, our customers, and the music community, you will strategically integrate gear, music, and talent together demonstrating effective storytelling, product expertise, and clear communication of their techniques and musical applications to further our efforts in inspiring and engaging our customers, growing our community of musicians, and generating enthusiasm for the brand.
You will work in close collaboration with others in the Content, Production, Artist, and Social team.
- Produce engaging content for musicians to educate, inspire, and inform their buying decisions; content that firmly establishes Guitar Center as deeply knowledgeable, authentic, and relevant
- Collaborate closely with others in Content & Social, Video & Audio Production, Photo, team-members to concept and deliver best in class content
- Create article and video outlines with a clear vision for the final product working with Video & Audio Production as well as Copywriters to help deliver
- Help grow The Guitar Center Company’s share of voice in the tech spaces of the music community
- Work with others in the Marketing & Merchant teams to identify content opportunities in support of strategic business initiatives
- Thoughtfully consider the customer, product, and content treatment that best represents the brand and meaningfully connects with its intended audience and community
- Help build narratives and recognize storytelling opportunities around the craft of making and playing music to excite others about the resources and power that lies within instruments + production tools
- Forge and nurture partnerships within the music community to help build brand affinity with musicians
- Assist in booking talent for content and social integration as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music, Communications, Digital Marketing, Video Production, Journalism, or related fields and/or 3 years minimum relevant experience (writing, producing, content production, editorial management, agency/brand experience)
- Deep product knowledge of the gear and applications used for music production, recording, and performance
- Experience in producing video content within the music industry or music instrument field
- Experienced and high confidence with taking an idea to concept, brief, outline, and shot list for video and audio production partners to execute against
- Comfortable working in a variety of video formats from educational and informative ‘How-To’s’ to musical performance and technique demonstration, to interview
- Awareness of trends, culture, instruments, gear, and production techniques (both established and innovative/experimental) used in music creation and performance to ensure brand relevancy, authenticity and keeping in step with the music community
- Knowledge of YouTube best practices
- Comfortable writing copy using SEO best practices guidelines for articles and video descriptions
- Experience working on sets and a background working in collaborative production partnerships with other creatives
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, coordinating multiple projects simultaneously with hard deadlines
- Able to understand scope of projects and prioritize workflow
- Possesses a creative mind with a track record of putting new ideas into practice and delivering results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills — able to write, present, and share ideas articulately
- Able to effectively pitch and clearly communicate concepts
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the best marketing communication methods and storytelling practices for social and digital platforms
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus
- Passion for new media trends and technology
- Must be curious, enthusiastic, and thrive in a highly collaborative environment
Benefits & Perks
Why Guitar Center? Here’s just some of the rewards:
For our employees who are musicians we offer the unique opportunity of gig leave–take time off to share your music with the world and return to your job after your tour! Guitar Center offers robust benefits and perks, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plus company match, mental health support, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, employee discount program, and tuition reimbursement options.
Pay Rate: $49,300 – $65,700/yr depending on background and experience.
The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education, and other factors. The pay range(s) listed are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.