We are looking for an outstanding, creative and energetic person to join us as our Channel and Community Manager, to be based in our New York office. The successful candidate will be a central member of our global team, collaborating to deliver creative and effective social media campaigns that promote our releases, grow our artist and label audiences, and strengthen fan relationships through valued communications and interactions.
The perfect candidate will be first-and-foremost a fan. They will have a natural and sophisticated understanding of the contemporary music, arts and cultural landscape. And they will pair a passion for our Artists, labels and discography with a strong enthusiasm and insight for the potential and specific applications of social platforms to build meaningful two-way relationships with fans.
This position will be perfect for someone who is ready to pair a detail-oriented and results-led approach with an innovative and mold-breaking outlook as part of a driven and collaborative global team.
- Research, develop and deliver effective organic social media strategies for Warp artists and releases.
- Create social plans for artist announcements and handle timely postings.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team and A&R to build social media concepts and opportunities into wider promo plans.
- Hold and maintain a deep understanding of important social networks and community platforms; Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, Discord, Reddit, Talkhouse, Roblox and more.
- Hold relationships with account managers at existing and emergent social platforms to identify and secure opportunities for our Artists.
- Onboard and inspire Artists and management to adopt and properly utilize key platforms and accounts in ways that fit their artistic vision.
- Work directly with Artists and management to help develop a social voice and ensure they have what they need for impactful announcements.
- Build relationships with a network of like-minded social accounts and commission UGC partnerships.
- Monitor fan activity around artists and share meaningful trends, connections and stories that can inform plans and create new opportunities across the team.
- Report on results utilizing data, analytics and qualitative insights.
- 2+ years experience in a social media or related position.
- Expert knowledge of social platforms including Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Meta Business Suite and experience creating organic strategies for these channels.
- Experience of day to day management of social platforms for an organization, brand or public figure.
- Self-motivated, with an ability to multitask and work with tight deadlines.
- Excellent organization, eye for detail, collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong storyteller, with an ability to pull out meaningful stories and messages from artist bios, press releases, music, videos etc and adapt for different audiences and types of content.
- Excellent copy writer.
- Experience with influencer outreach, management and sourcing UGC.
- Strong visual eye with an awareness of basic design principles.
- Basic proficiency of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Experience of simple video editing would be useful, but can be taught if needed.
- New York City based with a weekly mix of office and remote working.
- Paid holiday and PTO policy.
- Competitive health, vision and dental plans with 100% company contribution.
- Company 401k plan.
- Salary based on experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything that you want to make us aware of then please note this at the time of your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please use the ‘Message To Hiring Manager’ section to provide a full cover letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role, including details of key successes.
Be sure to include links to any social channels you have experience managing or any other relevant work.
Applications close on Tuesday Jan 3rd, 2023. Apply directly at https://smrtr.io/ch_Nh
Thanks for applying and don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.