A&R Manager, Liquid State at Sony Music (CN)
Viewed 0 times
As A&R Manager, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the A&R Director in initiating and implementing RCA Greater China’s A&R strategy that incorporates discovering new artists who have the potential to be commercially successful, finding the right songs and projects for new and current priority artists and overseeing the ongoing development and recording of all assigned artists.
What you will do:
- Identify artists (especially new/developing, Gen-Z friendly acts based in China) for label review and signing.
- Identify potential new talent, concepts and projects using every resource available.
- Attend shows and showcases of both signed and unsigned artists on a regular basis
- Manage the administrative and deal making process for prospective clients.
- Work closely with BLA and A&R Director to formulate deal prospects.
- Work with management team to set out company priorities and release timelines.
- Look for creative opportunities to gain exposure for our artists and labels.
- Provide A&R direction and support on assigned projects, including finding suitable demos and assembling the right team of writers and producers for each artist
- Support and enhance signed artists’ creative vision.
- Project management for all phases of record production until official release
- Handle administrative communication, paperwork, and internal processes for creative contributors and publishers (communicating demo holds and confirmed placements, confirming publishing percentages, handling publishing and producer agreements, setting up vendors in system for payment, etc)
- Work closely with other label departments/employees including Copyright, Artist Management, Marketing, Digital, Promotion and Data Analytics.
- Act as a liaison between the A&R team and a wide array of internal and external contacts.
- Special projects (e.g., TFT, SMP collaboration, writing camps, Virtual Artist, Soundtracks etc.)
- Cross-departmental cooperation/support as needed.
- Other administrative and operational tasks as needed.
Who you are:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in A&R/music production or songwriting/publishing. Preferably Bilingual (in both Chinese & English)
- Open-minded; avid music fan across all genres. Strong desire to make a difference and contribute to successful outcomes
- A proactive self-starter. A collaborative team player, able to form good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion. Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel and attend showcases as required
Benefits & Perks
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- We invest in your professional growth & development.
Beijing, China Location
Full Time Job Type
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We’ve played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we’re committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.